Ladies! Today, I want to talk about a topic I’ve never approached before, tampons. Specifically, I want to talk about the importance of using organic tampons. Just think about if this is something you’ve ever thought about!
The FDA currently does not require manufacturers to list the entire ingredients list in feminine care products.
There has recently been a concern in the conventional tampons that most of us purchase because cotton in the products may contain harmful pesticides, whereas organic tampons use ingredients (like cotton) that are not grown with pesticides or insecticides and are free of chemical dyes or fragrances. Whenever there is a “100% cotton” label on the organic tampons, that simply means there is no synthetic mixture.
Going back to conventional tampons, the scary part is that the FDA currently does not require manufacturers to list the entire ingredients list in feminine care products. It’s really hard to tell what is in your tampons or pads that you keep so close to your body at such an important time of the month. Isn’t that terrifying? It seriously can be anything and you would never know. Thankfully, I am not the only one who is concerned and I’m so happy to see that there are new brands that really focus on producing chemical-free, organic tampons that do not harm our bodies.
One brand I discovered recently is Kali. Kali provides chemical free, 100% organic feminine products. What is special about Kali is that it is a form of subscription box that arrives by the first of every month or every other month.
HOW IT WORKS
- Select Frequency – There is an option to choose once a month or every other month. The box you choose will arrive by the first of every month!
- Choose Your Box – 6 Kali Boxes are available (Monthly Kali Luxury Box, Every Other Month Luxury Box, Tampon + Liner Only Bimonthly Box, Tampon Only Bimonthly Box, Pad + Liner Only Monthly Box, and Kali Wipette Bimonthly Box). Each box obviously offers different types of products and I really do like the mixed boxes because it provides more flexibility.
- Choose Absorbency – You have the option to choose all regular, all super, or mix it up with half regular + half super!
- No Long Term Commitments – Just like many subscription boxes, you have the freedom to pause or cancel the subscription anytime. I love this because I don’t want to commit to something and end up hating it!
Kali was very kind enough to send me their Monthly Kali Luxury Box to try it out and provide a review, but all opinions are my own. Let me tell you gals all about my experience 🙂
The Monthly Kali Luxury Box consists of:
- 14 Organic Cotton Tampons or 16 Organic Cotton Pads
- 10 Organic Cotton Wipettes
- 10 Organic Cotton Thong Panty Liners
- 1 Relaxing Pampering Product (I received the Kali Mist, which is a rosewater facial toner & mist containing Organic Aloe Leaf Juice, Rose Flower Water, Glycerin, Phenoxyethanol, and Tetrasodium EDTA)
First, I love how thin all the products are, including the wipes, tampons, pads and panty liners. I’ve also never seen such cute packaging for tampons specifically! Besides the design aspect of it, there is flexibility for the boxes so they fit everyone’s different needs. Kali also has been great with providing DETAILED, KNOWLEDGEABLE answers via email and social media. The website also has a FAQ page that answers some of the most common questions for first timers.
I would honestly say there is only one con about this brand, which is that it does not sell products individually. Although the subscription box can be canceled anytime, there may be consumers who do not necessarily wish to have a commitment at all and just utilize a couple of the featured products. For those types of consumers, it’d be nice if there was an option to buy tampons or pads individually!
Toxic Shock Syndrome (TSS) and chemical ingredients in female essential products are frequently avoided by some of the major brands. That’s why I’m so supportive when it comes to smaller, independent brands like Kali that properly addresses the danger of what we put in our bodies.
Are subscription boxes not for you? Here are some chemical-free, 100% organic brands I recommend!
As always, thank you for reading!