Tommy and I went to try out the trendy Goat Yoga over the weekend and it was so much fun! Definitely not the typical experience and it’s been such a thing since last year, so I’ve been really curious about it. Can’t speak for all the other Goat Yogas, but I want to talk about my experience at Goat Yoga Richardson. I’ve gotten lots of questions from my Instagram stories the day of, so I thought this post can answer everyone’s questions in the Dallas area! I’m also sure the other Goat Yogas have very similar things going on.
What To Keep In Mind:
- Goat Yoga takes place in a backyard at a house. There’s also a very colorful GOAT YOGA sign in front of the house, so you’ll definitely spot it from a distance! Although each class has about 50 spaces, it’s always sold out online. Definitely get your tickets in advance!
- Parking isn’t difficult at all. Park on the street in front of the house or there is a free school parking lot directly across the house.
- Tickets are non-refundable. However, if your class is canceled due to weather, you can reschedule for a different date/time.
- Tickets are $17 per person for a 1-hour yoga session.
- Included with your ticket are granola bars, yoga mats, and water. The opportunity to interact with goats as well (some chickens too)!
- Definitely leave everything in your car; I’d say your phone is really all you’d need. You can store your keys inside your shoes and leave them outside of the fence as well. These goats will eat everything and anything. We lost Tommy’s mat because the goats just really loved his mat… #RIP
- The yoga class was definitely less than an hour for our session. I’d say the last 20 minutes or so was more for photo opportunities.
- If you’re looking for some serious yoga class, this definitely isn’t it. It’s more for the unique experience that you can’t get anywhere else. You’ll most likely end up with a goat next to you and start taking pictures, haha.
- They also provide a hand sanitizer, sunscreen, bug spray, mosquito repellent, and wipes.
The cool part is that this experience is something for everyone. If you live in the Dallas area, check it out! Tommy and I are all about being adventurous, and this was a unique way to start our Saturday together 🙂 As always, thank you for reading!