If you follow me on Instagram, getting away is my thing. I love to escape, whether it’s for a couple of hours or a weekend. As a full-time working professional, vacation days are a luxury. While my PTO days are oh-so-limited, I try my best to take advantage of the small getaways when I can. For this reason, I found it exciting when I discovered the Getaway House.
Getaway House is a tiny house concept based in different parts of the states. While I was living vicariously through the photos on their Instagram page, it was the best news to find out there is a Dallas outpost only about an 1.5 hour drive away. It was a perfect little retreat and I would go back again!
What I Enjoyed at the Getaway House
- The peace and tranquility. Each cabin is spaced apart from each other to give you that privacy from others
- The giant window and blinds
- 24/7 availability from the Getaway House staff via text message (they actually did respond and were very accommodating)
- Walking trail nearby the cabin
- Private toilet and shower
- Private campfire
- Provisions area to be able to buy what I need
- Rolling blinds for windows
Things To Note at the Getaway House
- There’s only one outlet. I wish there was at least one more outlet, but that’s a selfish hope of mine as someone who carries out way too many electronic devices. The whole purpose is to unplug and I respect that!
- I would hope for a restroom sink, although I’m not sure where they would’ve made a sink
- The hot water tank is smaller than what you may be used to. Plan your showers accordingly so you don’t take a cold shower like I did because we used up all the hot water. Team Getaway mentioned that once you’ve used up the hot water, it takes about 30 minutes.
- It can be a little scary to check-in at night, especially if you decide to an alone getaway, so I strongly recommend you check-in when the sun is up. Nevertheless, it’s a very safe community!
- Take advantage of the complimentary s’mores kit
If you’re all about being outdoorsy but not about the tent camping life, I think this would be a great experience. Here’s my vlog to get a look of what it’s like inside, outside, and nearby- Book your Getaway House today!
As always, thank you for reading!