Mascaras are the one makeup product I MUST have on my face. I personally think there’s a huge difference when people wear mascara and when they don’t. I’m also a firm believer that eyes are the most important feature in anyone’s face. I know a lot of people have been going for eyelash extensions, but I’ve never gotten them done nor do I plan on getting any. It’s an expensive addiction/habit and the potential infections scare me, because I have seen so many around me! For this reason, I leave it up to my mascaras to help my eyes stand out 🙂
Three things I look for is waterproof (for vacations or for long days), length (daily wear), and volume (weekend wear). I mainly stick with mascaras that focus on length because it makes all the difference for me! Today, I want to share some of my favorites I’ve used for years and absolutely can’t live without!
- Clinique Lash Power Mascara: Gentle bristles and great to carry around daily for touch ups.
- Diorshow – Iconic Overcurl Spectacular Volume & Curl Mascara: The Over Brown 694 is great for when I have a raw face on, but still want to do something to my eyes b/c it’s so obvious I look miserable. It gives me a natural-looking set of eyes for overnight trips, long car drives or those really early morning errands when I’m not confident to completely go outside looking raw.
- YSL Volume Effect Faux Cils Waterproof Mascara: Perfect for the summer to use at festivals, water parks, kayaking and camping trips!
- NARS Audacious Mascara: Extremely lightweight, and while the bristles may be a little harsh, the formula is extremely long-lasting.
- Lancôme Definicils Waterproof High Definition Mascara: My go-to for the summer and winter seasons. Does an amazing job with lengthening and the wand is small and thin, so it catches every single lash!
- Shiseido Full Lash Volume Mascara: One of my favorites, and also my mom’s. She does not do well with some products due to the way her eyes are shaped, but she can wear this one and it’ll last all day without getting on her eyelids.
- Lancôme Grandiôse Mascara: Love the shape of this wand; it’s like a cane. This all-in-one mascara gives me the volume, length, and dries fast to help my eyes pop at a party or a special event.
- Zoom Lash Mascara/ Little MAC: I use the Blue Charge (blue) and Plum Reserve (purple). The colors really stand out when I’m outside, and I always get complimented when I have them on! It’s also small and easy to carry around anywhere with me.
- Shu Uemura Ultimate Natural Mascara: Very good for sensitive eyes; lengthens well, won’t clump, and gives lots of volume without looking my lashes looking heavy.
- Make Up For Ever Smoky Extravagant Mascara: The triangular brush does a good job catching every single lash, especially the ones closer to the corners. I like to wear this on a regular night out!
Attached below links to all my favorite mascaras so everyone can see how the wands look like and shop!