Food for the Skin: Face Masks
A face mask is the holy grail product for keeping my skin and yours alive. I incorporate face masks into my skincare routine at least 3-4 times a week. There is a variety of face masks out in the market, including sheet, clay, gel, wash-off, peel-off, sleeping, and more. Of all the options, I want to talk about some of my current favorites and recommendations that I have. FYI, my skin type is combo!
- Mediheal P: EP Proatin Face Mask Pack– I like thin sheet masks that stick to my skin since I want to absorb as much as the ingredients on the mask as I can. Mediheal has been my favorite brand this entire year for thin sheet masks, and this specific mask has been my absolute go-to!
- Other recommendations that I have from sheet masks are this one, this one, and this one.
- Mediheal Capsule 100 Bio Seconderm Clear Hyaluronic Acid Mask– I definitely prefer gel masks over sheet masks. I like that this one comes with a mask sheet and an ampoule capsule (what you see on the top right of this image).
- Other gel masks that I really like nowadays for summer times are this one and this one.
- Innisfree Jeju Volcanic Pore Clay Mask– This clay mask is well-known among beauty experts for being one of the most effective pore cleansing clay masks. There’s a separate nose one under the same Jeju Volcanic line, but I honestly find it pointless. Why not just use this for the whole face? I use this mask on a dry face AFTER I have properly exfoliated and cleansed my face. This product removes excess dirt and thoroughly cleanses my pores by targeting areas that the cleanser might not have reached.
- Repechage One-Minute Exfoliating Mask– My boyfriend recommended this product to me originally, and I’ve been loving it. It’s a gentle exfoliating mask that I can use when my skin is sensitive and go to bed with super soft skin. It’s a “one-minute” mask because it dries quickly, which I like, and it smells nice. Once my skin feels tight, I gently wash it off with warm water counterclockwise. I recommend doing it twice a week!
- Laneige Water Sleeping Mask– The best sleeping mask, hands down. I’ve been using this for years, and I don’t know a single person around me who has said anything bad about this one! It’s a sleeping mask, so I apply it on my face after using a toner before I go to sleep. Not only will you wake up the next morning with a hydrated face, but the product also smells good- always a plus.
- I also leave it in my fridge because it feels extra amazing when it’s cold! I’ve mentioned this in a past post here about cooling my skin products. I also use it during long flights to keep my face hydrated on the plane.
- P.S. There’s this sleeping mask for your lips too.
These are a couple of my favorite types of face masks and specific products I like from each category at the moment! What are your favorite face masks?